3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2015 3:28 AM by MichaelWile

Email password change

MikeWile

Title

Email password change

Our company uses a google email account. About 20 scripts use this email address. Just got a notification from google that someone tried to hack into the account so the password was changed.

Does anyone know if you can save the password in a global field and insert the global into the password field on SMTP? That way, we'd only have to change it in one location rather than go through 20 scripts to change it.

• 1. Re: Email password change
          SteveMartino

I don't think that would work, and, by the time you got it to work you could've changed all the scripts.

Mike you made the perfect case for modular scripting.  If instead of a send mail script step, you used a script step 'Perform Script, with a 'Send Mail', then you would only have to change it in one script (Send Mail.

I found this helpful with printing, making one script each for each kind of printer, and whether it's 'Records being Browsed' or 'This record only'

• 2. Re: Email password change
            MichaelWile

Steve, thanks for your reply. I had tried the Global route and it worked fine. I tried to log on to let you know when you posted yesterday but Capcha kept asking for me to input both items shown. Only one was showing so I tried refresh but it still only showed one. 

I will try your route on anything new. Unfortunately this solution is one that I took over and had no option other than to update all the scripts. Luckily, going the global route, WHEN this happens again, and I'm sure it will, I only have to change it in one place.

• 3. Re: Email password change
              MichaelWile

Steve, thanks for your reply. I had tried the Global route and it worked fine. I tried to log on to let you know when you posted yesterday but Capcha kept asking for me to input both items shown. Only one was showing so I tried refresh but it still only showed one. 

I will try your route on anything new. Unfortunately this solution is one that I took over and had no option other than to update all the scripts. Luckily, going the global route, WHEN this happens again, and I'm sure it will, I only have to change it in one place.