1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 31, 2012 9:04 AM by philmodjunk

Email pdf can't create file

petek157

Title

Email pdf can't create file

Out of nowhere I am having an issue.  I programmed a script to create a pdf and email it to the customers email address.  The script worked fine on both the mac and ipad. Then all of a sudden it works fine on the ipad but what I try to use it on the Mac I get this:

“Sackter_78.pdf” could not be created on this disk.  Use a different name, make more room on the disk, unlock it or use a different disk.

I dont know what I did for it to stop worknig on the mac but like I said it works perfect on the ipad.

Here is the script.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Pete

script.jpg

• 1. Re: Email pdf can't create file
          philmodjunk

It looks to me that you are using a file name where you need a file path. Given that you are attempting to email a PDF from the documents folder, I'd use this for the first set variable step:

Set Variable [$FileName ; value: "file: " & Get ( Documentspath ) & Customers::lastName & "_" & Reservation::g_global & ".pdf"]

I don't know if that file path will work with your iPad so you may need to add code that identifies the platform and then computes  the file path appropriate for that platform.