AnsweredAssumed Answered

Email pdf files from Remote on Filemaker Network not working

Question asked by sundown on Jun 20, 2013
Latest reply on Jun 20, 2013 by philmodjunk

Title

Email pdf files from Remote on Filemaker Network not working

I am now able to email pdf files from my iMac that has the host FM files on it. I use the following generic functions I found on another discussion in my email script:

Set Variable [ $FileName ; Value: "Invoice.pdf" ]

Save Records as PDF [ Restore; No dialog ; "$FileName" ;Current record ]

Set Variable [ $PDFPath ; Value: Get (DocumentsPath) & $FileName ]

Send Mail [ Send via E-mail Client ; No dialog; To: "user1@abc.com" ; Subject: "Invoice" ; Message: "Test" ; "$FileName" ]

While testing, I am sending the pdf file to my own email address. Running the script from the Host FM  file on my iMac & checking my mail on the iMac & macbook, all is well. The email is received with the attachment. I also get one of the   pdf files (not all) in the folder where the FM file is located. 

I  then go to my macbookpro & open this database file on the Filemaker Network from the remote network. When I send a pdf file from the remote FM file, the email does NOT have the attachment.

The attachment seems to only work correctly from the host computer & not from the remote network file. Do you know what is happening? I don't understand the $PDFPath variable and had to use the $FileName in the Send Mail function to get the attachment to work in the host iMac computer. I assume I don't have configured right.

I have the host FM files on my iMac in a desktop folder called "Filemaker Files". Any help on how to configure the $PDFPath to get the pdf attachment to work from a Remote file?

Outcomes