0 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2011 8:35 AM by cresal

email plug in or workaround suggestions - editing outgoing mails and adding inline attachments

cresal

Title

email plug in or workaround suggestions - editing outgoing mails and adding inline attachments

So I don't know if what I want is possible, but I'm hoping someone will have a suggestion.

We're using filemaker pro 11 on macs, using the default mail client.

I need to find a way to attach our company logo in the signatures of our outgoing emails (so inline, not regular attachment). I do not need or want to have full email setup within filemaker - I still want to use our email client to send and receive messages for a variety of reasons.

Additionally, it would be highly beneficial if users could easily change the text of outgoing message/message templates. Right now I manually change default text for different send mail scripts, we open (with dialog) the messgaes in the email client, add the logo and then send. The current system works alright for small batches of emails, but when we get in the 100s it's just silly. I want to steamline this a little more so my users can also change mail text and don't have to add the logo themselves. I've browsed the various email plugins available but they're all overkill and we'd rather not pay too much for something we're not going to fully utilize.

Does anyone have suggestions for the simpliest, cheapest plugin or some way to work it so we can easily change outgoing email text and add inline attchments?

Thanks, looking forward to any help available.