3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2010 9:56 AM by Marx

email with lotus notes

kilbot

Title

email with lotus notes

I am trying to use the email function and my scripting I think Is correct. I am using Lotus Notes as my email sender and everytime I go to execute the script it tells me Mailman error in my lotus notes.

This is my script

If[get(windowMode)=1]

go to field [DBE Listing::Business_Email]

exit script[]

end if

commit records/request[]

if [/*isempty(dbelisting::business_email)*/]

show custom dialog [yada yada]

go to field [DBE Listing::Business_Email]

else

send mail [to:"/*dbe listing::business_email*/"]

if[get(lasterror)]

show custom dialog [yada yada]

end if

end if

• 1. Re: email with lotus notes
          Marx

Are you aware that the /* and */ are disabling some of the control logic of the script?

These /* */ commenting occurrences out usually happen from script import or step pastes where FMP cannot resolve the newly introduced calculation - FYI.

For example the import of a script before the creation/attachment of the db schema, etc. 

• 2. Re: email with lotus notes
            kilbot
               Okay with those removed (*/) the script is still giving the same error message when executed
            • 3. Re: email with lotus notes
              Marx

If the error is being reported by FileMaker - what is the error exactly or error number if possible. 

If the error is being reported by lotus notes - not much can be done programmatically from within FMP - you could check you lotus notes config, setup, control panel, or whatever they have for use of the MailMan component - I have not worked on Lotus Notes for ten years - sorry I cannot contribute more ideas.