AnsweredAssumed Answered

Embed Merge Field letter into Email

Question asked by MarieT on Jan 29, 2010
Latest reply on Jan 30, 2010 by casey777

Title

Embed Merge Field letter into Email

I am frustrated beyond belief!  I'm so close yet there is something I do not understand.  I've read hundreds of other folks posts and tried many options but I am still not able to get what I need.

I am trying to email individual registrations to workers using FMP 10 on a Mac OS 10.  On a scale of 1 -10 with 10 being high I'm at a 7 competency level with FMP but a 4 competency level with scripts and calculations.

I've created the letter I wish to send with merge fields and portal.  All is well there.

In creating the script to embed it into an email I am having difficulty.  At one point I got the letter embedded into the email but the address would not autopopulate even though I had the correct table and field placed in the TO field.  This is the option I would prefer to use if it is possible but now I've even lost the script steps to embed the letter.  Argh!

When I tried to create a pdf and send it via email the email creates properly with the correct address but the pdf does not create nor attach.

What don't I understand?

Outcomes