5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2010 3:48 PM by TSGal

english template files

michaelangelo

Title

english template files

Yesterday installed filemakerpro advanced, with the default standard installation.  message on opening program was "English template files missing. Please use installer to install English language pack"

First, this must be a bug.  I noticed that there are a bunch of messages with this very problem on filemaker pro v7.  Since I used the default installation, files should not be missing.

Second, I have no idea what the installer is, nor how to find it.

Any ideas would be helpful. 

• 1. Re: english template files
          TSGal

michaelangelo:

Thank you for your post.

What operating system are you using?  Try installing from the CD again and overwrite the old version.

Try a custom installation and install each part separately.

Any other information you can provide may be helpful in narrowing down the possible causes.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: english template files
            michaelangelo

Thank you.  I have just purchased a few wks ago a new mac book pro with their new operating system. I presume what I must do is deactivate the software, then delete it, then reinstall the software with a custom installation, then re register. Is this correct?

I have only been using a mac for the last few weeks, and I am not sure how to uninstall software on a mac. Do I just drag the icon to the trash bin?

Frank 

• 3. Re: english template files
              davidanders

This will work for most uninstalls.

However, it will not remove preferences usually.

The prefrences are usually in User/Library/Preferences/NameofApplication.plist 

• 4. Re: english template files
                michaelangelo

Thanks. I presume that I should deactivate first. However, the help menu does not have the deactivate option that appears in the manual.  Since this is a new mac book pro,and the Filemaker pro was only purchased a few weeks ago, this should not be the problem it is.

Should I just drag the application to the trash and try and start again, this time with a custom install.  However, i have not deactivated, so I am concerned this may lead to further problems.

Frank 

• 5. Re: english template files
                  TSGal

michaelangelo:

Sorry for the late reply.

FileMaker Pro 9 has a Deactivate option.  If you just purchased FileMaker Pro 10, you will not have that option.  Therefore, you can drag to the trash and install again.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.