4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2009 10:09 AM by PedroMendes

Enter to the design mode

PedroMendes

Title

Enter to the design mode

I used Filemaker 7 in the university and created a database with an autorun script.

I'm now using 10 pro in the file I created years ago but can't remember how to stop/freeze the autorun script in order to go to the design mode.... 

can someone help?

• 1. Re: Enter to the design mode
          philmodjunk

If you're real fast on the trigger, you can interrupt the script by pressing the escape key. (In Mac's you can also try holding down the command key and pressing the period.)

An easier approach, if you have FMP advanced is to launch filemaker without trying to open the file, start the script debugger, then open the file. When the debugger shows the first line of your "on open" script, you can use the debugger to cancel the script.

• 2. Re: Enter to the design mode
            PedroMendes

For some reason neither of those methods seems to work....

The debug thing asks me a username / password different from the ones used by me on the database (tried all, even the Guest account) and nothing works!

The esc method does not work either.... welll if new ideas arrive they're welcome!!!

• 3. Re: Enter to the design mode
              philmodjunk

Pedro Mendes wrote:

The debug thing asks me a username / password different from the ones used by me on the database (tried all, even the Guest account) and nothing works!

You'll need to use a full access account name and password to open the file when using the debugger in this fashion. If you can, check with whoever created this file and get this password from them. (You're going to need this password anyway if you plan to make design changes to the database.)

• 4. Re: Enter to the design mode
                PedroMendes
                   thanks for the help....