1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 11, 2013 2:03 PM by philmodjunk

Entering a report layout with zero values and focus of pointer

PecCars

Title

Entering a report layout with zero values and focus of pointer

I have a report layout that has a drop down list at the top and is the first field it jumps to. Based on the selection of the drop down list a script is triggered in order to filter the records.

Two questions:

- What do I need to do to have a clear page when I enter the report layout ? Currently, when I go into a report layout it always shows the values from the last time I called the report.

- Focus of the pointer. When the report has run the pointer goes back to the drop down list I guess because it is the only editable field, but it "drops" the list once again even if the report has run. How can I avoid that the list is "dropped" when the pointer goes to the field after the report has been run ?

• 1. Re: Entering a report layout with zero values and focus of pointer
          philmodjunk

A script can be run when you first access the layout:

Enter Find Mode []
               Set Field [YourTable::PrimaryKey ; -1 ] --> specify a value that does not appear in any record
               Set Error Capture [on]
               Perform find[]

This will produce a found set of zero records.

If you select the arrow option for your drop down list, it shouldn't deploy the value list automatically when it gets the focus. You can also edit your tab order to include a button object as the next object in the tab order. The button can be hidden from view and or set to "Hide when printing".