8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2011 8:10 AM by JessicaFiorini

Entering a value creates another value option and recording that history

JessicaFiorini

Title

Entering a value creates another value option and recording that history

Hi there! I would like to create a couple of drop-down menus that appear in succession dependent on the entered values. I then want to make a history of that chain because it might change dependent on the time of year. So, I would like there to be four fields, release, year, exemplar lesson, rank. Release contains the four seasons. Year contains a list of years. Exemplar Lesson is a yes/no option and rank is a numerical list. I would like the user to select the release season. Then I would like the year box to become active. This triggers the exemplar lesson. If the answer is yes, then the rank field becomes active.

I am trying to track singular school lessons that might be used in a variety of ways dependent on the need and season. The lessons never change. One year the lesson might be used in the fall. One year it might be an "exemplar lesson" and one year it may not be. That is why I'd like to create a history from the choices that tracks how and when each lesson was used. I'm trying not to create a new database every season. Does this make sense? If there is a better way, I am up for ideas.