4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2009 5:29 AM by ninja

Entering Paid Date automatically

dinora

Title

Entering Paid Date automatically

If  I have a field labeled Paid - Value list Yes/No - What I want is if I click Yes the next field should autoenter the date I checked Yes - Is this possible??

• 1. Re: Entering Paid Date automatically
          dinora
             In reference to my question - I have figured created a script where if Paid is "Yes" then Current date is entered - However I must click on the field for the date to be entered - Is there anyway on the script where I can set it so that the field gets updated without having to tab into it.
          • 2. Re: Entering Paid Date automatically
            comment_1
               Why do you need two fields to say the same thing? You can have a button that sets the DatePaid field to current date (and, if you like, sets it to empty if it contains a date).
            • 3. Re: Entering Paid Date automatically
              dinora

Sorry I am not sure I understand -  How do you set up a button that sets the DatePaid field to current date?

• 4. Re: Entering Paid Date automatically
                ninja

Howdy Dinora,

I think the point is that if the DatePaid field has a date in it, then the Paid field saying "Yes" is redundant...after all, how would you have a date paid if it wasn't paid.

Conversely, if the DatePaid field is blank, then the payment wasn't recieved yet.

The only hole in this that I can see is if partial payments happen, but this wasn't part of your question...but something to consider as you're designing.

Edit: I didn't answer the question you asked.  The button would run a script that had a single step  SetField[Table1::Paid; Get(CurrentDate)]  In this case, the Paid field should be formatted as a Date Field.