5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2012 9:22 AM by philmodjunk

Entering values in a Display Field that references a Different Field - Indirect Values

MikeBradshaw

Title

Entering values in a Display Field that references a Different Field - Indirect Values

Sorry of the title is not perfect :-)

What I am trying to do is display values on an invoice in either the currency of the invoice OR the local currency of the company, i.e. invoice in USD but local currency is GBP.

I have fields that hold the invoice currency and invoice value of the invoice, and fields that hold the local currency (by lookup) and local value (via calculation). This all works fine.

I have a display_currency field and a display_value field which is then populated with the relevant values depedning on a selection field. This all works fine - however, here is the question:

If I want to make a manual change to a value and entered the display field I would only be changing the value help by the display_value field and not the actual invoice_value field.

I guess I could use an 'on entry' script that brings up a Show Dialog box that then enters the value into the correct Invoice_Value field rather than into the display_value field.

I wondered if there was a way to do this without using a Show Dialog pop up.

Thanks

Mike