AnsweredAssumed Answered

Entry check in portal using ONOBJECTMODIFY

Question asked by MichielEilbracht on Jan 17, 2013
Latest reply on Jan 17, 2013 by philmodjunk

Title

Entry check in portal using ONOBJECTMODIFY

Hi,

I have a main database and a related one as a portal. I have the portal open in a layout together with the data of the main database. I wish to validate entries in the portal on onobjectmodify, so NOT when storing the entries. It's a country code which  needs to be checked (in the 'portal' database) if it's hasn't been used before in the relationship before going to the next field.

The main database is a 'case' database which stores several cases people work on, the related database is one with several country entries per case (EG one case (or 'trademark) can be filed in several countries.). I need to be sure a country will not be entered twice in the related database.

How do I perform a search in the related database (portal) before going to the next field (if NOT found>move on to the next field, if found, message and the field emptied).

The relationship from the main to the related is esthablished by a case number, but the related database has several similar casenumbers which all different country codes.

The setup works good, but I can't seem to get a right script for searching for double country codes with (the same) casenumber.

Wow, this description must be vague...

Thanks

Michiel

Outcomes