1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 28, 2011 10:33 AM by philmodjunk

Equipment Rental Tracking scripts help

ericjlindholm

Title

Equipment Rental Tracking scripts help

I send out pieces of sound equipment inventory with my independent contractors on every event.  I have a database that lists the equipment that is being taken on each event and creates a packing list, and invoice and a daysheet for my independent contractors.  If an events status is "confirmed" i want to make the equipment set for that event unavailable for the time between the event start and event end days.

I looked into the resource management starter solution.  it looks promising but i cannot figure out for the life of me how i can even start this.  Any thoughts for laying out my scripts/calcs would be much appreciated.  

• 1. Re: Equipment Rental Tracking scripts help
          philmodjunk

Think of it like an invoicing database. Each event is much like an "invoice" where the packing list is then the "lineitems" for that list.

If you add a field to those event records for recording "confirmed" status, you can set up a report based on the packing list table that shows only those records for confirmed events in a given date range with summary fields computing totals for each type of equipment item.

That's a very generalized description, but it might give you a few ideas as to how to set this up. One key detail to think about is whether you choose to reserve each item on your packing list as a separate item or whether you list them as part of a group of identical items.