1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 10, 2015 7:23 PM by philmodjunk

Error Capture

DustFairy

Title

Error Capture

Error Capture may not be the Exact correct Title but I think the subject is similar to Error Capture.

I have a DB that creates Inspection Checksheets.  A portal on the Inspection layout is populated by a looping script that creates a new Result record for each inspection point.  As the inspection is completed a Result field on the Result record is filled with a value from a Result value list.  The portal on the Inspection layout is filtered to show only Rejected Inspection points on a Comments To Owner layout.

I would like to check that no Result fields have been left blank (hence do not show in the Comments To Owner layout because the are not Rejected).

Should I write another looping script to check each Result record to ensure no Result fields are left blank or is there a better way to search the portal for blank Result fields?

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Error Capture
          philmodjunk

You could use perform find to find any records where the field is empty. You could use Go To Related Records to pull up a found set of related records and then use Constrain Found Set to reduce the found set to only those where this field is empty.

In both cases, putting an = and nothing else into this field as your find criteria will find (or constrain) just records where this field is empty.

For a thread with many examples of scripted finds, see: Scripted Find Examples