2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2013 11:46 AM by AnthonyGiuliano

Error Code

AnthonyGiuliano

Title

Error Code

Hi, I upgraded from 10.8 to 10.9 and all of the sudden one of my scripts isn't behaving as expected.  I went to try to debug the script and found a step that produces an error (-2710).  I went to look up what that error means and the list of error codes only goes up to 1500 or so.  I can't seem to find anything online about this particular error code, does anyone have any advice on where to start looking for answers?

In case it helps, the particular script step that is producing this error is a Perform Applescript step, so I assume the problem has to do with some sort of new applescript syntax that has changed from 10.8 to 10.9.

Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: Error Code
          TSGal

Anthony Guillano:

Thank you for your post.

The error -2710 appears to be an Applescript error code.  Doing a quick internet search for FileMaker error 2710, I found:

http://www.asadesigner.com/44-indesign/43e5c7997a2e9df2.htm

Try running the Applescript separately from FileMaker Pro.  Do you get the same error?

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Error Code
            AnthonyGiuliano

Actually the script works fine in Apple Script.  Apparently what used to come back as error -10000 now returns error -2710, so that's apparently why my script isn't behaving as expected.  I just added -2710 to my error checking as if it were the same as -10000 and that seems to have resolved the problem.

Thanks again for your response.