1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2013 2:29 PM by philmodjunk

Error Message - Record cannot be modified in this window because it is already being modified in...

netguykb

Title

Error Message - Record cannot be modified in this window because it is already being modified in another window

I have a portal with records that when a user clicks on a specific records (icon) it opens a window to add txt comments in a field that is within the same portal record. The window opens fine but the moment I try and add comments into the pop-up layout I get the following error:

“Record cannot be modified in this window because it is already being modified in another window”

Here is the script that opens the window when the icon is clicked on

Go to Related Record [Show only related records; from table: “x_vendor_component_function”; Using layout: “iPad Comments” (x_vendor_component_function); New window]

Show/Hide Toolbars [Hide]

I did read a forum post that indicated the to do the following however, I'm unsure on where to make the changes to the script:

START POST---_

I am guessing there is a button in the portal that does GTRR [New Window] for detailed editing of the child record. When the edit window is closed, you expect to get back to the original portal row. So:

Commit Records/Requests
           Go to Portal Row [ Get ( ScriptParameter ) ]
           Go to Related Record [ From table: "Child"; New window ]

The script parameter here is Get (PortalRowNumber).

END POST ----

He indicates "The script parameter here is Get (PortalRowNumber)." There is not a Get function called (PortalRowNumber)

Is Portal Row Number actually the key for the portal record? i.e. ven_sc_sf_id child ID, which is the portal key. 

1 2 Previous Next