AnsweredAssumed Answered

Error message and unable to print

Question asked by adobelady on Dec 22, 2009
Latest reply on Jan 4, 2010 by philmodjunk

Title

Error message and unable to print

OK, OK - I know you are all going to roll your eyes but here goes - I am really needing this file.  I have Filemaker Pro Version 6.02 updated from V5.  I have used Filemaker for over 10 years, but never to develop, just for my own record keeping.  I only know what I have managed to figure out as I go along and have some files that I have been using (comfortably) for all those years.   I have an extensive contact management file that I built a long time ago and has EVERYTHING in it with about 500 records.  This last couple of weeks I got a message "Filemaker needs your attention!" when I would open Filemaker.  Everything worked ok, but  I looked on the FAQ and could not find any information about WHY FP needed my attention.  Then today I was trying to print a sorted list and it crashes each time I try to print.  I exported the data to open in Excel to get my file printed, BUT, would like to use my FP file.  Since I use such a limited bit of FP features I did not feel the need to update.  If I do update, can I get my files printed?  So far, it is only printing that is not working.

I would so appreciate any advice from all you folks who use this wonderful application regularly.  Remember, I am a limited-use novice. Thank you for any assistance you might give me.

Outcomes