2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2014 3:00 PM by KeithRogers

Error message when dropping a PDF into a Container field

KeithRogers

Title

Error message when dropping a PDF into a Container field

I have set up a container field to accept a PDF file and Adobe reader is on my PC but when I drage the file on my field in Edit Layout mode I get an error message that says " The translator for this file format could befound or could not be initalized" I am using FMP13advanced on windows 7...

Any advice would be appreciated...

• 1. Re: Error message when dropping a PDF into a Container field
          philmodjunk

What application is defined as the default application for PDF files on your Windows computer? There's a control panel for default applications that you can use to check, and if necessary, change these settings.

A few users have recently had issues of a different sort with FileMaker 13 and PDFs that they resolved by opening Internet Explorer and disabling, then enabling the Add On for Adobe Reader. Interactive container fields are actually specialized web viewers that share some code with Internet Explorer so checking the Add Ons in IE may be worth a try.

• 2. Re: Error message when dropping a PDF into a Container field
            KeithRogers

The PDF files are are defaulted to the Adobe application and I tried the disable/enable trick in IE and that seemed to get the same result as well... I have the field set to Global data now thinking that would help but the same result happenes...

Thanks for the recomendation anyway...