3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2009 8:13 PM by mlc_1

Error message when logging on

mlc_1

Title

Error message when logging on

Hi,  I bought a new computer and installed FMP (I had been using FMP on my old computer).  In the long and short of it, I messed up on the installation and re-installed it and now I receive an error message when I log in:  "Filemaker cannot share files because another user is already sharing files using Filemaker on this computer".  Is there any way I can fix this and get rid of this message.  Thanks!

• 1. Re: Error message when logging on
          mlc_1

Me again,

MY OS is Vista.  I re-installed the program because I put the wrong name in on the first install and couldn't access my files.  I re-installed with the correct name.  I can access my files, but now I have the error message.  I uninstalled the program before I re-installed it.  Could this error message be related to the license key? Could the key have been embedded from the first installation?

• 2. Re: Error message when logging on
            TSGal

mlc:

Thank you for your post.

That error message means that someone is already sharing the file on that computer.

To fix this, disconnect your machine from any network and reboot the machine.  Then, without being connected to the network, double-click on the database file and it should open in FileMaker Pro without any message.  You can then reconnect to the network.

If you are still running into any difficulty, please let me know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 3. Re: Error message when logging on
              mlc_1

Thanks for the suggestions, but I am not networked with any other computers.

My boss had also purchased FileMakerPro and when installing my copy of FileMakerPro on my new computer, I put the wrong name in.