Estimates template problem
I have a problem:-)
i have an older database based on estimates starter solution that when i pick a contact in estimates iPad layout it will insert that customer contact as it should .
Ive noticed also that the layout is relative to estimates database but the estimates desktop isn't ? its related to estimates
Now i have a more modern database from the first that ive worked on a hell of a lot and the estimates iPad doesn't work like the earlier version. The desktop version works as it should.
if i have the iPad layout relative to estimates layout it does nothing? it won't insert the customer details . but if i change it too estimates it inserts and works perfect.?? This is the opposite of my earlier version??
Now i think the reason we have this estimates data and estimates is so that it gives a different estimate number to a person on the iPad from someone on the desktop.
If i put them both to estimates the iPad user can open the desktop last estimate and change it. I don't know if this is correct as i don't have a genuine estimates starter solution to start from as i think mine is corrupted. ive tried uninstall filemaker and delete the folder where the templates are kept but it keeps reinstalling.
Has somebody got a genuine unadulterated estimates starter solution so that i can compare the layouts and the scripts to see why this is going wrong. Or is hat I'm experiencing correct and both iPad and desktop should be on "estimates" layout
Thanks for help