1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 6, 2011 10:37 AM by philmodjunk

Event management starter solution - changing guest status options

GeraldEarp

Title

Event management starter solution - changing guest status options

Hi

I am trying to use the event management starter solution to track people that I am booking onto a training course.

I need to change the options for the status dropdown to be something like:

Invited

attending

not attending

maybe not attending

No response

On program

Complete

Withdrawn

I can add these extra options into the dropdown list, but I can't figure out how the count of each of the options on the right hand side works so that I can create boxes to count these additional options too.

Can anyone explain how I would be able to go about setting these extra options up?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Event management starter solution - changing guest status options
          philmodjunk

Open Manage | database | Relationships and note how there is a separate table occurrence box of Events_Guests for every status. Each uses a calculation field in Events that returns one specific status value to match to the status field on in Events_Guests . This makes it possible to define calculation fields that use the count function to count the number of related records with each status.

Thus, for each new status value, you'll need to add a new calcualation field in Events that returns the new status value. A New related Occurrence of Events_Guests and a new calculation field in Events that counts the number of Events_Guests records of that status. You can examine the existing calculation fields and relationships to see how this was set up.

If "table occurrence" is an unfamiliar term, you may want to do this tutorial to get a better understanding how the "boxes" in manage | database | relationships control the function of FileMaker databases:  Tutorial: What are Table Occurrences?