12 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2011 2:22 PM by philmodjunk

Event Management Starter solution customizing and adding extra table and forms

JocelynHarms

Title

Event Management Starter solution customizing and adding extra table and forms

Hello,

I am having trouble customizing the Event Management Stater solution.  Basically,  I have the events and contacts portion working great.  But,  I need to ad an Ads table that links back to some Events and also independent ads that will link to another table that I will call Publications.  Publications, Events, and Ads all need to link to the same contact table.  I have created another form that looks very similar to the Events form only it is ads and I have created new tables and fields that are similar to the Events table and the tables that link off of the events (events_contacts, events_contacts_contacts) but I named them (ads_contacts, ads_contacts_contacts) and then linked them together.  Everything seems to be working okay, but I can't get the contacts portal in the new ads form to work like the contacts portal in the events form.  It just all highlights up and I have done all kinds of trial and error with the database relationships, so I must be missing something relational or script wise or something.  I can give further information if anyone has any suggestions.  I would so so appreciate it!! 

I also need to figure out how to link the publishing table back in, but I'm hoping that once I figure out this portion that will be just fall into place.  Please please help!!

database_relationships_screenshot_jpg.jpg