AnsweredAssumed Answered

Event Management Starter solution customizing and adding extra table and forms

Question asked by JocelynHarms on Jan 20, 2011
Latest reply on Jan 21, 2011 by philmodjunk

Title

Event Management Starter solution customizing and adding extra table and forms

Hello,

I am having trouble customizing the Event Management Stater solution.  Basically,  I have the events and contacts portion working great.  But,  I need to ad an Ads table that links back to some Events and also independent ads that will link to another table that I will call Publications.  Publications, Events, and Ads all need to link to the same contact table.  I have created another form that looks very similar to the Events form only it is ads and I have created new tables and fields that are similar to the Events table and the tables that link off of the events (events_contacts, events_contacts_contacts) but I named them (ads_contacts, ads_contacts_contacts) and then linked them together.  Everything seems to be working okay, but I can't get the contacts portal in the new ads form to work like the contacts portal in the events form.  It just all highlights up and I have done all kinds of trial and error with the database relationships, so I must be missing something relational or script wise or something.  I can give further information if anyone has any suggestions.  I would so so appreciate it!! 

I also need to figure out how to link the publishing table back in, but I'm hoping that once I figure out this portion that will be just fall into place.  Please please help!!

database_relationships_screenshot_jpg.jpg

Outcomes