Event order when changing a portal row by clicking a pop-up object
It seemed like such a simple need: I need to record the current value shown in a pop-up object within a portal row when the user first enters the row, as the related scripts behave differently if they change the pop-up value in the row. I'm finding that extremely difficult to do and need help. The most troublesome scenario is when a user is in on one portal row and then clicks the pop-up object in another portal row. From a bunch of testing, it looks like the event order is:
1) The portal OnObjectExit from the previous portal row is triggered (as expected)
2) The values behind the pop-up object within the destination portal row appear to the user and they can make a choice
3) The OnObjectEnter event for the new portal row is triggered (too late, since the pop-up value may have already changed)
4) The OnObjectEnter event of the pop-up is triggered (also too late, since the pop-up value may have already changed)
5) The OnObjectModify event of the pop-up is triggered (as expected)
6) The OnObjectValidate event of the pop-up is triggered. (as expected)
(The OnObjectKeystroke of the pop-up menu is not triggered if folks use the mouse to make a choice from the pop-up)
One surprise is that the portal OnObjectEnter event is not triggered when the user switches to a new portal row by clicking on the pop-up menu. A related anomaly is that the OnObjectEnter event of the pop-up object is also not triggered until after the pop-up choices are shown to the user and the user is able to change the value.
So...how do I reliably record the current (as in pre-existing) value of a pop-up on a portal row when the user first enters the portal row by clicking on the pop-up? Any and all suggestions are welcome. This is a crtiical need for this application.
= M =