AnsweredAssumed Answered

Excel Count Function

Question asked by NickLawrence on Mar 14, 2014
Latest reply on Mar 25, 2014 by philmodjunk

Title

Excel Count Function

Hi all,

I’ve revisited this question as I’m not sure I explained it too well previously and I didn’t want to start another thread with a similar question.

What I am trying to do is a simple Count function as in Excel, I’ve scanned the forum and this does seem to be an ongoing question with people with various solutions but I have tried these and they’re not quite doing what I need as they seem to rely on a sort order and I can’t do that as I have already got them sorted in a particular way.

This is the layout in Excel that I’m trying to reproduce and is what I want to recreate in FileMaker

(IMAGE1)

This section is the count summary

(IMAGE2)

And this is the main count

(IMAGE3)

I’ve already created this in FMPro  and it is doing what I need it to do apart from the bit at the bottom which the feeder to the above table.

(IMAGE4)

I know that FMPro is not Excel and as such may not always be able to do what Excel does, but I thought I may be able to get the results I need with a combination of scripts, summary fields and Validation.

Any help will be greatly appreciated even if it is to say it can’t be done at present.

Many thanks

N

Outcomes