AnsweredAssumed Answered

Excel Export, extension issues, saved as dd.mm.yy

Question asked by GrosvenorServices on May 16, 2012
Latest reply on May 16, 2012 by GrosvenorServices

Title

Excel Export, extension issues, saved as dd.mm.yy

Hi

I've been using this forum since i started working with Filemaker two years ago and its proved very valuable to me, but this is my first post.

I've not been able to find a solution anywhere on the net so my apologies if I'm digging up a previously-solved issue.

When I try to export some data from filemaker to Excel 95-2004 with the Filename dd.mm.yy, I get the following warning message "...the file you are opening is in a different format than specified by the file extension...". When I then click "Yes" open the file, the .yy is dropped off the filename but the data is displayed in Excel as normal. I can then save the file but am forced to put speechmarks around the filename.

If I add ".xls" to the filename before export, the issue is avoided.

Is the current year, i.e. .12, also an extension and hence causing my windows PC confusion?

I've tried a registry fixing program but this was to no avail. I have also tried upating Filemaker (Pro 11) and ran windows update.

It has (so far) only happened on two office PC's and only in the last few weeks.

I hope someone out that can help as my head is starting to hurt with this one. Even if it is a simple solution that has me kicking myself I'll be happy.

Cheers

Outcomes