3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2010 9:47 AM by user447

Excel to portal records

user447

Title

Excel to portal records

I'm trying to move 4 exam titles and scores from excel into my portal for exams.  

In the excel spreadsheet, the 4 exam titles are column headings, and scores are in the rows beneath them.

But I can't figure out how to get those column titles to go into the portal field for exam and then the score to go into the field for score.

I think I have the relationship  working as I've already imported the college name and exam date. (but they weren't in a portal)

The excel spreadsheet has 

Science Score

English Score

Math Score

But my portal just has "score"  and then a field for "Exam title"

Maybe I'm missing the obvious.

Thanks anyone!

• 1. Re: Excel to portal records
          ryan

lr23 wrote:

In the excel spreadsheet, the 4 exam titles are column headings, and scores are in the rows beneath them.

But I can't figure out how to get those column titles to go into the portal field for exam and then the score to go into the field for score.

Based on the information you supplied, it sounds like you first need to Create the Fields in FileMaker.

You can create the 3 fields, Scienc Score, English Score, and Math Score in the Related Table that your Portal is looking at.

• 2. Re: Excel to portal records
            philmodjunk

You may need to do separate imports for each column and then use Replace Field Contents to fill in the exam title field for that column immediately after the import.

• 3. Re: Excel to portal records
              user447

Thanks Phil.

I woke up at 3 am and it came to me!