AnsweredAssumed Answered

Excessive Runtime in Conditional Value List

Question asked by rt314@icloud.com on Dec 15, 2014
Latest reply on Dec 22, 2014 by rt314@icloud.com

Title

Excessive Runtime in Conditional Value List

Hi all,

My question pertains to an excessive runtime to populate the second list on a two-step conditional value list.

I recently split my db into the separation model, and I’m going through to make sure everything works as it should. I have a conditional value list where the first value list is a global field of options from “Distribution Type”. The second value list is from “Analysis Info” where the available options are based on the foreign key matching the parent key in the global field. I’m attaching a picture below for easier understanding.

The second value list is chosen to include only related values starting from “Distribution Entry 4”, which is an occurrence of “Distribution Entry”. The relationship between “Analysis Info” and “Distribution Entry 4” says that DistributionTypeIDfk=globalfield, AnalysisCreatedBy=DistributionCreatedBy, and there’s also a date limiting inequality component to the relationship.

Any thoughts on what is causing a long runtime in the UI file?

-I made sure all fields involved are indexed (except the global of course).

-I can select and commit other fields not related to these, and it doesn’t have any affect (so that’s why I think it’s a runtime issue).

-In the data file, or in my original single file before separating, the second value list populates immediately. However, in the UI, it takes anywhere from 5 to 20 seconds to populate the value list.

Thanks!

DB_question_copy.jpg

Outcomes