3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2013 9:18 AM by philmodjunk

Execute on selection

PeterDurant

Title

Execute on selection

In my application I have a drop down field with a simple yes/no.  When yes is selected I want to update a portal with specific records.  Everything works fine except for one annoying problem:  In order for the update to take place I have to select YES then touch somewhere else on the screen making it a two step process.  That might not seem like a big deal but it kind of is in this app.  I just want to select yes and have the portal update without doing anything else. 

Does anyone know if there is a script or something that I can do to make this update happen without having to touch somewhere else on the screen?

Thanks,
           Peter

• 1. Re: Execute on selection
          philmodjunk

Seems like a radio button format might make more sense when the possible values are yes and no.

A script trigger can be used to do your "touch the background" step automatically. I'd change your format to either a radio button or pop up menu, then use the OnObjectModify trigger to perform this simple script:

Commit Records[]

• 2. Re: Execute on selection
            PeterDurant

Phil, that worked great! 

Now, is there a way when searching on an ipad to skip the popup that tells you how many records are found?

Thanks again,
                 Peter

• 3. Re: Execute on selection
              philmodjunk

Hmm, that's a new one on me. I don't have an iPad but finds on my iPhone aren't popping up any such dialog. But then my scripted finds always enable set Error capture so maybe that is the difference?

If all else fails you might set things up so that Go To Related Records is used in place of a scripted find.