AnsweredAssumed Answered

ExecuteSQL results are repeating in the same field

Question asked by AlexE on Jun 4, 2014
Latest reply on Jun 4, 2014 by philmodjunk

Title

ExecuteSQL results are repeating in the same field

Hi, 

I have a layout that has multiple SQL calculations that all work as expected. 

However, I'm running into an issue that's totally confusing me as I have no idea why and how to fix it. 

I have 4 ExecuteSQL statements that properly calculate and display the results. I wanted to get an average of the 4 so I tried the AVG function and also tried to add all 4 and divide them by 4. However my results were clearly wrong. So I simplified everything and started by copying over the exact SQL query from one of the fields (Result_WK1) which worked fine. 

However, if I say that the new field (lets call it Results_AVG) is equal Result_WK1 in the calculation area then I get the following issue: 

eg: expected result is: 47 but the field shows a repeating 47: 4747474747474747474744747474

if my expected result is 128 the field shows; 128128128128128128128128

I've checked my field type and wether I set it as as entered, general, text, decimal... I get the same problem. 

Any idea what would cause this?

Thanks.

Alex 

EDIT: if I just set Results_AVG as equal to Results_WK1 and the calculation result as Text then it displays the field properly and doesn't repeat. However if I try and calculation (even simple like Results_AVG = Results_WK1 + Results_WK2 it gives me the repeating field problem. 

Outcomes