2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2010 5:08 AM by AppioC.Hunter

Expandable Fields in Reports

AppioC.Hunter

Title

Expandable Fields in Reports

I'm trying to create a report where data from a single field may need to be printed on multiple pages.  In Microsoft Access, I can set the field properties in a report to expand or contract the field depending on the amount of text I have, and I can also have a single field "spill over" and print onto multiple pages if necessary - again depending on the amount of text I have in that field.

How can I do the same thing in FMP?  If I use a merge field in a text object, the text object won't auto-resize and print all of the text in the merge field.  The text gets clipped, and the only solution I can find in the HELP index is to resize the text object.  If I resize a text object so I can print ALL of the data in a merge field from a single record, I end up with 2 or 3 pages blank pages in my report.  My problem is that I'm using a Mac and I want to remain in a native Mac environment.  I don't want to install Parallels in order to run MS Access, but I'm reaching point of exasperation with FMP because the "auto-resize" function only works if I expand or contract a window.  I need help!