For printing or data entry/browsing?
For printing, saving as PDF or Previewing you can set up a second layout where the fields in question are sized extra large and then you set them to slide up and resize the enclosing part. These are settings on the sliding and visibility section of the inspector's position tab.
For browsing/data entry, this can't really be done but you can add a scroll bar to the field if you wish.
Key facts about sliding layout objects:
- It's only visible in preview mode and when you print/save as PDF...
- All layout objects below and in the same layout part as the slide/resize field need to also be set to slide up and resize.
- Objects in headers and footers will not slide.
- Portals will shrink/slide to fit the number of rows of records, but fields within the portal row will not shrink/slide.
- Fields will slide up only if Top, alignment is specified for it and will slide left only if left alignment is specified.
- Consistent side borders are difficult to achieve with sliding fields.