1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 10, 2012 4:50 PM by philmodjunk

Expanding Layout Help

ericjlindholm

Title

Expanding Layout Help

I have a contract layout that looks like a letterhead.  My contracts could be anywhere from 1 to 10 pages.  There is only 1 field that needs to be desplayed in the body of this layout called "contract verbage."  It fill in another layout where the field has a scrolling arrow but I need it to generate a PDF that can be any number of pages.

expanding_layout.jpg

• 1. Re: Expanding Layout Help
          philmodjunk

Resize the contract verbage to be 10 or more pages long. Then specify that it Slide up and also select "resize enclosing part". This will not slide/shrink when in browse mode but will when you print/preview/save as PDF.

Key facts about sliding layout objects:

1. It's only visible in preview mode and when you print/save as PDF...
          2. All layout objects below and in the same layout part as the slide/resize field need to also be set to slide up and resize.
          3. Objects in headers and footers will not slide.
          4. Portals will shrink/slide to fit the number of rows of records, but fields within the portal row will not shrink/slide.
          5. Container fields will slide only if Top, Left alignment is specified for it in the data formatting section of the Inspector's data tab.
          6. Consistent side borders are difficult to achieve with sliding fields.