2 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2014 7:50 AM by bkeenfm41

Expense Report Solution - "Find Similar" Buttons??

bkeenfm41

Title

Expense Report Solution - "Find Similar" Buttons??

I am reviewing the "Expense Report" in FileMaker Solutions and have a question regarding the selections for "Find Similar" options for "Approval", "Employee ID", and "Reviewed By". I'm not sure of the type of object used for such options.

I am attaching a copy of the screenshot with notes.

I appreciate any comments, suggestions, etc.

FMP_Expense.jpg

• 1. Re: Expense Report Solution - "Find Similar" Buttons??
          philmodjunk

What you see is one of the more irritating design details found in many starter solutions. The magnifying glass is a graphic object stacked on top of a button. In the case of the portals on the left hand side, the buttons are invisible rectangles.

This is irritating because the easy way to open button set up to check and see what script is performed by the button is to double click the button while in layout mode, But because this graphic object--which I would make part of the button, is sitting on top of the button object, you don't get button setup to appear unless you carefully double click the narrow space between the edge of the graphic object and the invisible button located behind it.

• 2. Re: Expense Report Solution - "Find Similar" Buttons??
            bkeenfm41

Thanks for the response. It took a couple of attempts to find the button and to make it work.