3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2010 12:53 PM by philmodjunk

expense/income report

bhj

Title

expense/income report

i have an expense report and an income report. how do i show a report with income minus expenses

• 1. Re: expense/income report
          philmodjunk

How have you set up your table(s) to record income and expenses?

How did you set up the report?

• 2. Re: expense/income report
            bhj

i have an expense report with sub summaries and a trailing grand summary and i have an income report with the same.

is it possible to take the grand summary of the income report minus the grand summary of the expense report and show net profit or loss

• 3. Re: expense/income report
              philmodjunk

It's certainly possible to compute total income - total expenses. HOW you do it depends on the structure of your database on your report.

How have you set up your table(s) to record income and expenses?

I think you've used separate tables, one for expenses and one for income. It's actually easier to store this information in one table with a field for income and a field for expenses.

Using the tables I think you have, you'll need to answer another question. Are total expenses total income always going to be the total of all the records in their respective tables or only records from a specific range of dates (The year 2009, 3rd quarter 2009, January 2010--to giv a few examples)?