4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2010 11:15 AM by comment_1

Export as htm(l) file preferences

budlink

Title

Export as htm(l) file preferences

I am using a very old version of Filemaker - version 6.0v4 on a PC (Windows XP).

I will soon have a great need of exporting a database as an html file which is not the problem...  I've been testing the last couple of days and this works quite well...  The problem is that I would really like my html coding to be all lower case but, when I export it  is all UPPERCASE and I have to spend the time replacing all the tags with lower case tags...  I was hoping to see something in the preferences but can't think where else this setting might be...

Is there any way I can have Filemaker export in lower case html??  I'm hoping yes but am guessing no...

Thanks in advance!!

• 1. Re: Export as htm(l) file preferences
          Marx
             There is a lower () function available.  It can be used in conjunction with the Set Field command to convert the string to lower case.
          • 2. Re: Export as htm(l) file preferences
            budlink

It's been awhile since I've worked in FileMaker but...  won't this force ALL my text to lower case??  I only want the actual html coding to be lower case...

Thanks

• 3. Re: Export as htm(l) file preferences
              Marx

If the links are inside the field of "html" - yes - however to do just the links <href etc... would require them to be in separate field(s) OR you could use additional scripting to selectively lower () case the strings that are found to be links within that larger html page - not as easy but could be done - depends on how much work one is willing to devote for the benefit.  The methods are somewhat limiting in this version.

• 4. Re: Export as htm(l) file preferences
                comment_1

budlink wrote:

Is there any way I can have Filemaker export in lower case html??

If you mean export as HTML table, then no - there's no control over the HTML coding. However, you can export as XML and use a XSLT stylesheet to convert the result to HTML - see the examples in the XML Examples folder installed with the application.