3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2010 10:38 AM by escargot

Export container field - security risk?

escargot

Title

Export container field - security risk?

Hi folks,

I need to store some files within a container field on my companies FM Pro 11 database. However, to enable everyone to be able to view these files (without creating a reference which i don't want to do), I need to allow them the ability to export.

However, I'd like to be able to configure it so they can only export a document from this particular field and not be able to export ALL data (ie, 5000+ clients contact details).

Is this possible?

• 1. Re: Export container field - security risk?
          FentonJones

Set their Privilege Set, in File, Manage, Security... to not allow Export. Then create a script for exporting this field. Check the "[x] Run script with full access privileges," at the bottom left of the script window. (They also need access to this script.)

If they only need to View/Print at this time, you can calculate a file path to the users' temporary folder, using the Get (TemporaryPath) function. Put the resulting path into a script Variable, with the proper prefix. Then use that for an Export Field Contents path. Check the option to [x] Automatically open file. So they'd have the file to view or print, but would not see it anywhere (unless they Saved it somewhere else); they wouldn't need to trash it after using, as the temporary folder takes care of that. It could be a fixed file name, so each Export overwrites the previous one. 

• 2. Re: Export container field - security risk?
            escargot

Fenton, thanks for that - certainly sounds like it'll do the job.

This is the script i've got now:

Set Variable [$temppath; Value: Get (TemporaryPath)]

Export Field Contents [Candidate::CVContainer; "$temppath"; Automatically open]

It doesn't actually do anything though. I think I've probably made an error in the 'Specify Output File' box by simply putting the variable in and nothing else, I'm not really sure what else I'd need though?

• 3. Re: Export container field - security risk?
              escargot

Ahah, google is my friend.

I've added a getastext (containerfield) variable and then added this to the $temppath variable and it works fine. :D