1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 3, 2009 2:25 PM by TSGal

Export Crosstab Reports to Excel

mmccarty

Title

Export Crosstab Reports to Excel

Hello,

I created a crosstab reports of my division's Staff Hours per period per year which prints to one page in PDF.  When I "save to Excel"  I get all 4,000 individual records and no summary fields.  I tried using  File> Export and Group by Fiscal Year (my sort field).  Then I get the sum for all fiscal years aka 500 instead of FY04 80, FY05 120, FY06 100, etc.

Any ideas would be very helpful.  Thanks

• 1. Re: Export Crosstab Reports to Excel
          TSGal

mmccarty:

Thank you for your post.

When you select "Save/Send Records As -> Excel...", you have to option to export either the found set of records (Records being browsed) or one record (Current record).  If you want summary information, then instead pull down the File menu and select "Export Records".  The next dialog box looks almost identical to the previous dialog box, but for the pop-up next to "Type", select "Excel workbook" or "Excel  95-2004".  When you click "Save", you then get to specify the fields that you want to export.  Select the fields you want exported, including the summary fields, and since this is a summary report, be sure to select the field(s) under "Group by".  If you have special formatting, then at the bottom of the dialog box, there is an option to "Apply current layout's data formatting to exported data".

This should get you pointed inthe right direction.

Please let me know if you need clarification for any of the above steps.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.