AnsweredAssumed Answered

Export Error

Question asked by RonCates on Feb 6, 2012
Latest reply on Feb 6, 2012 by RonCates

Title

Export Error

I have a set of scripts set up to dump all the data and images from our database as an off site backup. Along with creating .csv files it also exports associated pictures. The script works great except for an occasional .csv file or image not being able to be created. If i rerun the script over and over again it's almost never the same image or file that fails. The error is

"Header.jpg cannot be created on this disk. Use a different name, make more room on the disk, unlock it or use a different disk."

It's the same error you would get if the file path was incorrect. But in this case, the file paths are correct and as i said, it happens at different points and on different records each time.

I get the sense that it's like the script is going too fast and at certain points it stumbles on an export because it's getting ahead of it's self or something. Although I realise that sounds pretty implausible. I was also originally running it straight to a usb hard drive so I tried switching to my local drive in case the usb connection was slow or something. But it does the same thing. Although it seems it may happen fewer times on the local drive.

So, any ideas why this is happenning?

And does anyone know the error code to trap for so i can throw up a dialog to display the possibly offending file path?

Thanks

Outcomes