1 Reply Latest reply on May 25, 2013 8:20 AM by GuyStevens

Export Image Filenames to HTML

Title

Export Image Filenames to HTML

Hello all,

I'm very new to Filemaker and have a question about something that doesn't seem immediately obvious to me. I tried looking around the forum and searching elsewhere and wasn't able to find anything. Apologies if this has been covered before.

I have a database that has between one and four images stored in the database file that I need to export to HTML. I understand that there's no way to export the images, but can I export the image filenames?

Please let me know if there's any more information you need to be able to answer. Thanks so much for any help you can give.

Thanks,

- J.

• 1. Re: Export Image Filenames to HTML
          GuyStevens

Hey J. You can export the field contents.
               That means that if you have an image in a container field you can export it and put it in a folder on your harddrive.
               This is handy when you store images inside filemaker and want to get them out again.

If you have multiple records you can create a loop script that loops trough all of your records and exports all the images.

To get the filename:
               If you have a container field called "Picture" and you create a calculation field with the following calculation:
               Picture
               set to result in Text then you get the filename of the file in the Picture field.
               If the images are stored as a reference you get a whole bunch of info.
               If it is saved in the container field you just get the filename.

You can then export this table and export the filename in the field.

Let us know if you need any more help.