1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 10, 2014 7:57 AM by philmodjunk

Export search results to xls - Filemaker Pro crashed - corrupted database

KnownFriend

Title

Export search results to xls - Filemaker Pro crashed - corrupted database

Hi,

I want to export all search results from a database (a certain zip code).

Do I did a search for all files with a certain zip code.

Then I went to export it to xls to later upload these results to Mail Chimp.

But Filemaker Pro crashed and corrupted the database.

Why is this happening?

I should be able to export search results.

thanks,

• 1. Re: Export search results to xls - Filemaker Pro crashed - corrupted database
          philmodjunk

A crash can damage a database file, BUT a damaged file can crash so it may be that your file was damaged before you tried to export data from it.

I suggest taking a back up copy made prior to this crash (if you have one) and running a recover on it to check it for possible damage. If it turns out to be damaged and you have multiple backups taken at different times (as should be the case for all database files), you may need to recover older and older back up copies until you find one that recovers "clean".

Things to keep in mind about Recover:

While Recover almost always detects and fully corrects any problems with your file...

1.           The recovered copy may behave differently even if recover reports "no problems found".
          3.           Recover does not detect all problems
          5.           Recover doesn't always fix all problems correctly
          7.           Best Practice is to never put a recovered copy back into regular use or development. Instead, replace the damaged file with an undamaged back up copy if this is at all possible. You may have to save a clone of the back up copy and import all data from your recovered copy to get a working copy with the most up to date information possible.

And here's a knowledgebase article that you may find useful: What to do when your file is corrupt (KB5421).