2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2009 10:41 AM by tnp

export to Excel causes application to close

tnp

Title

export to Excel causes application to close

I have run into a problem with Filemaker Pro 10 closing during the process of exporting records to an Excel file.  So far it's only happened with one database file, and works ok with others.  Right before the export displays choice of fields for the export, the application closes.  I have used the "Save/Send Records As" command with this database and it works.  (However, with this method I get all the fields and I only need a few.)  It happens with exporting to either .xls or .xlsx format.  This database file was created from another using the "Save a copy as" command.  Would that cause a problem? I have other similar databases created the same way that I can export from.  There are only 177 records so it's not a huge database.  How would I find out what is causing this?  We are using 10.0v3, after an upgrade from FileMaker Pro 8 a couple months ago.  Any suggestions would be appreciated!

• 1. Re: export to Excel causes application to close
          davidanders

Assuming Win OS...

If a new database can export without problems...

Assuming an existing database can export without problems...

The database you are talking about is corrupt.

Dim possibility that it is using a non common damaged font...

Recover the file...

Recover the recovered file and test...

If the recovered and rerecovered file exhibits the same problem...

Perhaps it has a bad script or plugin that is not compatible with the OS??? 

• 2. Re: export to Excel causes application to close
            tnp
               Thanks for the quick reply and the info about the Recover command. I ran it for that database, and although the log said no changes/repairs were made, my export now runs without crashing! So it seems to have worked.  Thanks again!