8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2009 7:05 PM by comment_1

export to excel with Apply current layout’s data formatting to exported data

williagw

Title

export to excel with Apply current layout’s data formatting to exported data

<!--  StartFragment  -->

Help please.

I am studying FMP10 with the trial version (thus time is limited) and using the online documentation.

I think I have learned the basics well, but have a problem exporting to EXCEL. Ether there is a bug in FMP10 or I do not understand theterminology.

To state my problem simply, I have a text field in FMP10 that contains text with random upper and lower case. I want the text displayed as “title case” no matter what combination of upper and lower case text was entered. In all of my FMP10 layouts, the text is displayed the way I want it to be by using the “text format title case” or a calculation field with “field2 = TextStyleAdd ( field1 ; Titlecase )”.

When I export to the EXCEL file, the text is in its original upper and lower case, not the title case I want, even though I checked the box “Apply current layout’s data formatting to exported data”.

I know I can correct this in EXCEL, but that is an extra step I would need to do each time I exported the FMP10 data to an EXCEL file.

Thanks

<!--  EndFragment  -->