3 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2011 2:12 AM by guywillett

Exporting container field contents to remote server

user14360

Title

Exporting container field contents to remote server

Are you able to export the contents of a container field to a volume on a server?  (In fact the server on which the FM database is hosted.)  (Working on Mac OS X, Filemaker 10 Advanced, file hosted on Filemaker 10 Advanced Server.)

It seems like you should be able to do this, and I have tried any number of combinations of filepath variables, but the file keeps getting exported to my computer (the client computer) in the Filemaker application folder. 

The paths I have tried include variations on:

"filemac:/Server HD/Users/admin/Documents/" & $$FileName  ($$FileName variable was set as the name of the file in the container field)

Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: Exporting container field contents to remote server
          JoshO.

Try setting the variable to the full path that you want (the result should look just like the samples in the FilMaker dialog (if you were going to hard code the location).  Then use just the variable to tell FileMaker where to export, instead of the concatenated string.

• 2. Re: Exporting container field contents to remote server
            TerrySze

I face a same problem, The full path doesnt work on the remote server.

Below is my set

::Xserve : Mac OSX 10.6 Server | Xserve Volumn name : ABCX

::Filemaker Server : 11 | Filemaker Server Name : ABCX5.com

I creat a click bottom and assign a script call "Export to remote server"

Go to Field [123::pic]

Insert Pricture []

Export Field Contents [123::pic; "filemac:/ABCX/Libaray/Filemaker Server/data/databases/123.jpg"]

End up the file only save in my computer (the client computer) in the Filemaker application folder.

Anyone know how to export container picture to the remote server?

• 3. Re: Exporting container field contents to remote server
              guywillett

Hello,

I too have this exact problem! I have tried all sorts of stuff but can't get there...

Any help would be much appreciated!

I currently have a very clunky work around for uploading a container fields contents into a directory on the remote server (that hosts the fm file) using 'open URL' and some PHP scripts, but it is far from ideal, and seems it shouldn't be necessary...

Many thanks

Guy