AnsweredAssumed Answered

Exporting Container Fields

Question asked by james.gould on Sep 9, 2011
Latest reply on Oct 4, 2011 by james.gould

Title

Exporting Container Fields

A client asked for a way to "open" files from containers without having to save them. The solution I've come up with uses the Get ( TemporaryPath ) function and saves a copy to their temporary folder and takes advantage of the automatically open option on the Export Field Contents script step. Nice and simple.

The difficult bit occurs in the fact they have multiple container fields and I don't fancy writing a seperate script to calculate the filepath and filename etc each time. I have a script that takes in Table::field as a script parameter and then copies the contents of Table::field to Table::GLOBALCONTAINER and then always exports Table::GLOBALCONTAINER

While this script functions, it is quite slow as copying the file between the two fields takes some time - so this script takes roughly twice the amount of time that right-click -> export takes. The ideal solution here would be something similar to the Set Field By Name script step - I have tried this but it does not select the field. If I could select the field by name I could then export the active field contents.

Any help to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Outcomes