2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2010 1:13 PM by rrighini

Exporting different tables to XML

rrighini

Title

Exporting different tables to XML

Got my answer here last week so am hoping for another response.  I have two tables "School" and "Pupils".  "School" has only one record with fields for school name, school addresss etc.  Pupils has many records with many fields.  If I export to my style sheet I get as many records for "School" as it produces one for each pupil.  I need my stylesheet to have school data at the top (just once) and then my list of pupils (from the Pupils table.  Can anyone help please?  My current stylesheet :

<School>
       <SchoolCharacteristics>
               <SchoolName><xsl:value-of select="./fm:SchoolName" /></SchoolName>
         <Phase><xsl:value-of select="./fm:SchoolPhase" /></Phase>
         <SchoolType><xsl:value-of select="./fm:SchoolType" /></SchoolType>
         <GenderSixthForm><xsl:value-of select="./fm:GenderSixthForm" /></GenderSixthForm>
         <GenderOfEntry><xsl:value-of select="./fm:GenderOfEntry" /></GenderOfEntry>
         <HighestNCyear><xsl:value-of select="./fm:HighestNCyear" /></HighestNCyear>
         <LowestNCyear><xsl:value-of select="./fm:LowestNCyear" /></LowestNCyear>
         <Intake><xsl:value-of select="./fm:Intake" /></Intake>
         <Governance><xsl:value-of select="./fm:Governance" /></Governance>
         <Email><xsl:value-of select="./fm:Email" /></Email>
         <PhoneNo><xsl:value-of select="./fm:PhoneNo" /></PhoneNo>

</SchoolCharacteristics>

</School>

<Pupils>
         <PupilsOnRoll>
        <xsl:for-each select="fm:FMPDSORESULT/fm:ROW">
          <xsl:attribute name="PupilRecordNo"><xsl:value-of select="./fm:PupilRecordNo" /></xsl:attribute>
          <PupilOnRoll> 
          <PupilIdentifiers>
           <UPN><xsl:value-of select="./fm:_UPN" /></UPN>
           <UniqueLearnerNumber><xsl:value-of select="./fm:ULN" /></UniqueLearnerNumber>
           <FormerUPN><xsl:value-of select="./fm:_formerUPN" /></FormerUPN>
           <Surname><xsl:value-of select="./fm:_surname" /></Surname>
           <Forename><xsl:value-of select="./fm:_forename" /></Forename>
           <MiddleNames><xsl:value-of select="./fm:_MiddleNames" /></MiddleNames>
           <PreferredSurname><xsl:value-of select="./fm:_PreferredSurname" /></PreferredSurname> 
           <FormerSurname><xsl:value-of select="./fm:_FormerSurname" /></FormerSurname>
           <Gender><xsl:value-of select="./fm:_Gender" /></Gender> 
           <DOB><xsl:value-of select="./fm:_DOB" /></DOB>
          </PupilIdentifiers>

</PupilIOnRoll>

</PupilsOnRoll>

</Pupils>