AnsweredAssumed Answered

exporting file with scheduled server script

Question asked by laneystewart on Jun 24, 2010
Latest reply on Jun 24, 2010 by laneystewart

Title

exporting file with scheduled server script

I am trying to run a FM script thru the server schedule.  I can successfully launch the script from the client to save a .xls file to a location with a set variable for the file name, but when it goes thru the server schedule I get a error (800) that says that it can not save the file.  All script steps are server compatable.

I am on a MAC client so when I launch the script names the file path with a "filemac:/........", but the server is a windows machine so i have changed the server to assign the file name as "filewin://......." and get the error.  I have tried just "file:" but it still fails!!!  Any idea of why this is?????  As well, does anyone know why Filemaker will no longer over write an existing file with a new one with the same name?  It used to and no longer does, so I have had to make the variable also set an incrementing number for the files that I am saving.... :smileymad:UGH... Here is my code:

Go to Layout [ Opening layout]

Sort records [Restore, No dialog]

Set Variable [$filename: Value:"filewin://its-fp3/Cas_data_2/OnBase/"& Substitute ( Events::record ID; " " ; "-" ) & "tc.xls"

Set Error Capture [On]

Export Records [No Dialog; "$filename; Unicode (UTF-16)]

Set Error Capture [Off]

Send Mail [Send via SMTP Server; No Dialog; to: BLAH BLAH BLAH]  This set works fine.......

ANY help would be great!!!!!  This is one small step in getting a solution to one of my other posts cleared (sending report thru email in IWP)

Outcomes