0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2010 3:19 AM by peeter

Exporting ID3 Tag-Information from FM10  to MP3-files with AppleScript correctly.Herethemoderator

peeter

Title

Exporting ID3 Tag-Information from FM10  to MP3-files with AppleScript correctly.Herethemoderator

I am not sure, if I understand the post

http://forum-en.filemaker.com/t5/Using-FileMaker-Pro/Using-Collections-Music-Library-How-to-get-Track-Names/td-p/6437

correctly. The moderator TSGal writes, that data are imported for example of the track names from the field "TrackName".

Assuming that this refers to the very MP3-file, I wonder, if it was possible to do the revers. I have a collection of some 9000 titles from my music cassettes with all information available in a FM-Database (title, album, artist, typ of music). So far I have not seen any function in my FM Pro 10 that appears like a solution. As an other option I could imagine, to have an AppleScript do the job. Yet I am not sure, how to address the individual ID3 Tags. For example "TrackName" as term used in the other posting? Also, I understand, that the type of music is not stored as text but as code number (1-79?). Has anybody an idea where to get a translation table from?

As final result I would see a script like this

For 1 to 9000

select FM10-record # xxx

take from FM10 the information on Title, artist, type of music, tracknumber ...

search in folder ... on drive ... for file withe the name  "titleXXX.mp3"

set ID3-tag "TrackName" to "titleXXX"

set ID3-tag "Artist" to "ArtistYYY"  

......... and so on