1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 9, 2010 3:53 PM by philmodjunk

Exporting Portal Data

kw

Title

Exporting Portal Data

I have a relational database (Filemaker 10) for high school sports. I need to export the data for the newspaper in a specific format, and I'm unable to solve this problem.

I have tables for players, stats, games, etc., and they appear correctly on my layout. When I export the fields using tab-delimited, the data is there, but not formatted correctly. The information for the player stats are on individual lines instead of on one single line. Before I changed to a relational database, I used calculated fields to give me the correct format, but that doesn't work now. I only get the first item in the portal instead of all of the items.

How can I get this related data exported in the proper format? XML looks like an one option, but I don't know XML very well.

• 1. Re: Exporting Portal Data
          philmodjunk

There are ways to do this within filemaker. Can you post an example of the format you need?

Off hand the list function combined with a call to subsitute to replace returns with a different delimitter such as a comma might provide what you need.