1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 12, 2011 3:38 PM by mgores

Exporting Records to Merge File Problem with Word for Windows (2010)

karldickhaus

Title

Exporting Records to Merge File Problem with Word for Windows (2010)

I have a script that exports files to a merge file for use with templates in M$ Word. Word for Mac (2008) works just fine. I select the merge file as the data source and everything is roses. On the Windows side, however, I get an error telling me that it won't work. When I open the merge file in a text editor, there are two paragraph entries at the end of the last record. I suspect this is a CRLF issue. I don't know what FMP's default end of record delimiter is - whether it is a CR, an LF or the CRLF (which is what I suspect). I need a workaround, because the merge functionallity of this database is critical to the solution. I can't open the merge file and replace the end of record delimiter every time - it would be far too time consuming - not to mention confusing to the end user. This only happens in Windows - the Mac users have no similar problems. I am using FMP 11 and Word for Windows 2010. The file is exported as Windows ANSI and as a .mer (Merge) file. Any thoughts greatly appreciated. This is causing me to age :).